Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Day 2 - Wednesday

Woke up having the same headache, sore throat, fever and little appetite. I went shopping again but only to one place. I had more itchy red bumps, including a couple on my face and chest. My back looked broken out. I thought some bugs really got to me. I was wondering if we have bed bugs. I looked on the internet to see if I could figure out what kind of bug was biting me. No luck. When Derrick got home around 7pm, the first thing I did was have him look at me. I asked him what kind of bug he thought it was. He immediately said, "that's not from a bug, that's chickenpox!". I was floored. I couldn't BELIEVE it. We also quickly connected the fact that the painful rash Derrick had on his stomach (causing back pain) for the last few weeks were shingles. Shingles?!?! I thought he was too young to get shingles!! This was very bad news. After looking at a few websites about chickenpox, I verified that's exactly what I have. Everything fit perfectly. I did touch Derrick's rash several times. We had no clue what it was, and even though it was pretty much cleared up we had never figured it out until right then.
I texted my boss to let her know. I didn't know what was going to come next. I called Steve and told him that Derrick would have to bring the food in after I went to the grocery store the next day, I didn't want to risk infecting them. Although I already had a feeling I might not even be able to go to the store. I didn't sleep well but it was mostly because of stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment