Thursday, December 5, 2013

Day 3 - Thursday

Woke up looking horrible. It looked like I had very bad acne. My face was just a big red rash. Also had them on my stomach, my bad was COVERED, not many on my arms or legs, I had them in my ears and on my lips, and worst was my head. I'm gonna skip talking about private areas. At first I wasn't too itchy. But at some later point in the day they started to get more itchy. I didn't want to take any Benadryl because I didn't want it putting me to sleep. I still had a severe headache, sore throat, and fever. Talk about miserable! I took a 5 minute shower, didn't shave, washed my hair very gently. I didn't put my contacts in. I wore my pajamas all day. This is the pits! And right before Christmas! I didn't have any appetite. Nighttime was awful-I was SOOO hot. I couldn't sleep because I was burning up. Derrick helped me a lot, getting me anything I needed (chapstick, drinks, etc.). We took my temperature in the middle of the night and it was 102.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, are you all better now? wished you'd finished your chicken pox story! I'm 26 and on my 3rd day suffering through this hell which is chicken pox.. I got it from a shingle interaction too.. please tell me it gets better! Hope you're doing well now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, yes I should have finished the blog! I'm so sorry you are experiencing chicken pox as an adult as well. I can tell you that I was sick with the flu like symptoms for a week and then that went away and then it was just the blisters. Overall it took 2 1/2 weeks to get to the point where I looked good enough to go outside and start working again. At this point I just have a few scars. I have a couple of "craters" on my face (one I scratched before I realized it was chicken pox, thought it was a bug bite). Even if you don't scratch, scabs can fall off before they are ready (by your face rubbing against the pillow, etc.) so just be very careful. I have a few little scars on my neck and chest and some spots that haven't totally faded yet on my back. It is a long, frustrating process but at least you know you won't ever get it again! Hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete